• Let’s talk about your vacation

  • +86 138 3674 2601


At Working Vacation in China we concentrate on recruiting candidates for Chinese schools to teach as “foreign experts” in a wide range of subjects: English, Literature, Math, Science, Engineering, Music and Arts, History, Geography, Business and Economics, etc.

While you may be a certified teacher in your home country, you are considered a foreign expert to teach English just by being a native English speaker and a citizen and passport holder of one of the following seven countries:

  • USA
  • United Kingdom
  • Canada
  • Ireland
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • South Africa

Note, however, that the Chinese government’s requirements often change, so be sure to check with your local consulate. 


A word of caution: It is absolutely imperative that you be in possession of a proper work visa. Visa inspectors regularly check for compliance, so we strongly advise you to ensure that your visa authorises you to work in China. It is in the best interests of both you and your employer.


  • Native English speaker from one of the seven countries listed above
  • Bachelor’s degree (preferably before 2014). Your major is relevant only for placement
  • At least two years’ teaching experience OR one of three ESL certifications (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA).
  • A passport with at least two blank pages and at least six months’ validity (or the balance of your contract, whichever is greater)
  • A police criminal record clearance from your home country.
  • A medical examination clearing you to work in the country (form can be found at HERE)
  • For some provinces and jobs,your degree must be authenticated but check with your new employer about this. Click here for information on Authentication


  • Your passport with at least six months’ validity before its expiration and at least one blank page left in it.
  • One accurately and truthfully completed visa application form.
  • One recent standard passport-size photo affixed to the application form.
  • Letter of invitation issued by the school.
  • Work Permit for Foreign Experts (Foreign Experts Certificate) issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts of the PRC.

The visa procedures and associated fees are different for various nationalities and for different locations around China.